Traffic Crash Data
The Traffic Records Management, Reporting and Analysis Division of the Virginia Highway Safety Office (VAHSO) manages the states' highway safety traffic records information system that houses millions of traffic crash records. Data that is collected, stored and analyzed by this Division is used for problem identification and resolution by local, state and federal entities across the Commonwealth.
This data is housed in the Traffic Records Electronic Data System (TREDS). TREDS, the first of its kind in Virginia, is a state-of-the-art traffic crash data system that automates and centralizes crash information from across the state. Its many benefits include the electronic submission of police crash reports, the electronic capture of GPS coordinates for reporting of specific crash locations, and the elimination of separate crash data repositories in multiple formats.
The Traffic Records Management, Reporting and Analysis Division engages in strategic planning to ensure the effective use of its existing Virginia traffic records information system to support and highlight the Commonwealth's safety programs and grant funding initiatives.
View Crash Facts Data
You have three options:
- create your own report by choosing a jurisdiction, time frame, and report type,
- select from the pre-formatted annual reports listed below, or
- Explore the interactive crash mapping feature.
General Crash Data
- Operation Air, Land and Speed Statistics
- Virginia Traffic Crash Facts
- Virginia Traffic Safety Trend Data
Total Crash Data
- Crashes By Crash Time
- Fatalities by Jurisdiction
- Virginia Crash Fatalities Map
- Crash Fatalities and Injuries Chart
Alcohol Related Crash Data
- Crashes By Jurisdiction
- Crashes in Virginia per 100 Million Miles Traveled
- Fatalities by Age
- Crash Fatalities and Injuries
Speed Related Crash Data
Seat Belt Related Crash Data
- Motorcycle Occupants Killed in Crashes by Age
- Motorcycle Endorsements
- Motorcycle Registrations